iphone picture question

pidge

Ive got a question hopefully some of you can awnswer. When I upload a pic from a iphone is there a way someone can see where that pic was taken from? When I go into "places" (in the album app) and touch the red dot thats on the map are those pictures for that particular red dot able to be dug out from the interwebs and pinpointed upon? I cant explain it any better so I hope someone knows what Im talking about. Any help? For example I'll post this pic from my fathers trailer from this past summer. Is there a way to know where this was taken from some kinda gps or phone software? Heres an example. 78AC14FE-F176-435A-9C76-BDC0057488E4-446 Can this pic somehow be located because i took it with an iphone?

And why would you ever want to disable 20,000 internet anglers from knowing where you caught your fish??? I just don't get that. lol. j/k

Can't help ya mang. Have still NEVER texted one text in my life... let alone figured out how my phone will take a pic or make a text. lol.

Yes, GPS data can be contained within EXIF data that's attached to your pic.. As long as your GPS is disabled when taking the pic, none of that information will be embedded.... Also if you upload your pic to say Photobucket before posting it here, all the EXIF data is stripped.

The pic you posted does not contain any of this data.

Edited by BillM

Thanks for the link Drifter I'll check that out as soon as Im done writing this.

Hey Bill thats what Im talking about. See Im pretty crummy at photo posting and computers in general, but thanks for the tip with photobucket. Dont feel bad MooseBunk Im border line just above you lol.