Feb 9, 2013 - BBP area. Lots-o-snow.

ckrb2007

After driving home from work on the Friday morning I was beginning to wonder if fishing was "a go" for Saturday. We got quite the dumping of the white stuff which could cause problems for Todd and my mode of transportation. We really hate walking. :) We decided we were going to load up the ATV's and head out off of the government dock @BBP and try our luck at beating the mass amounts of snow.
Arriving at the launch we were worried about what we saw, pretty much virgin snow the entire way out. There were a couple ATV's out there but they took a different route then we were going to take. The only saving grace was that there wasn't any slush to deal with, except a small patch out near the operators huts. I had flash backs of 2 yrs ago off of BBP Rd......nothing BUT slush the entire way out to our 4km waypoint.
Todd broke trail because he has better tires on his ATV but we still got stuck a few times. Easily dug out and on the move again, and yes....it still beats walking.
We arrived at our waypoint and got set up. We marked fish on and off during the day. I managed 4 lakers and a prized whitefish for the table. Todd was marking fish and did get a few up to the hole only to become unbuttoned after a few well timed "leader touches".
It wasn't a bad day despite our worries of travelling through the drifts. Here are a few pics from the day.

A nice sunrise to start the day.
1_zps1e4ccc45.jpg

Todd breaking trail
2_zps24b884fe.jpg

A little frosty out I think.
3_zpscb03940d.jpg

A fly by
6_zps80b30686.jpg

My ATV after the run out
4_zps09d635da.jpg

Todd's after his run out
5_zps7a5c7aa7.jpg