Interesting day at the Sportsman show

kickingfrog

The Toronto Sportsmen's Show evacuation was due to an emergency in the Richo Coliseum. The Fire Marshall ordered everyone to be evacuated, including all those attending the Toronto Marlies Game. Once the issue was resolved and the Fire Marshall gave the go ahead for everyone to re-enter the building. The evacuation to re-entry process took a total of 24 minutes. Thank you everyone for working with us to ensure the safety of everyone at the show.

I was there (just about to get a great deal on a sleeping bag and Plano softside tackle bag). The alarm went on for a couple of minutes, and then a completely confusing message that said something like 'the report has been investigated and the emergency is good, please exit the building through the nearest exit'. Half hour like we got in, grabbed our deeply discounted gear, and got out.

Anyway, good show I thought. Don't know what it was like on Friday/Saturday but my sense was that it was too snowy for many people to get down there so Sunday seemed very busy. I've been going since I was very young and I'm 27 now so I've seen it change over the years. The hunting/shooting section was a bit cramped and I don't think they do the big art exhibition, combined with the fact that the dog show/exhibitions are now tiny made some sections a bit crowded. The seating at the dog show is minimal (like little league bleachers for 40 people on each side of a small rectangular area.