Disturbing stuff on the news tonight.

NAW

AH hahahahahaha that is the best one i have ssen in awhile almost fell of my chair

I have no pity for the seals I have seen first hand there destructive nature

cruel or whatever you wish to call this If it were my living to fish I can tell you there would be alot of floaters...Just saying

Edited by BITEME.Esq

Lets try to reason this out a bit

First let me say I have no love lost for seals. Once upon a time they were not an issue. The inshore fishermen led a happy life and so did they. Along comes the giant offshore dragger fleet by the 100rds. Fishing is now a share holder event and the little guys are left out add in to the mix some weird insatiable fixation on shark fins let this play out for a decade and a half and you know where this is headed I don’t blame the seals still though no love lost.

Now picture present day you are trying to scrabble a living fishing you have been slapped with one quota after another to the point it is almost not worth going. Draggers and shark finners are full tilt and the destroyed off catch is enough to make you hurl just so you no if its not in the quota over the side it goes now if you were a fish compressed at the bottom of multiple tons of other fish what do you think your chances are of survival.

Make no mistake this is not an easy life its what you know, your fathers fathers knew back 300 or so years.

You’ve spent the better part of a day and a half steaming out to your spot another day dropping gear and now the wait. So couple days later you start pulling gear and the results are light on any particular trawl you seem to be doing alright not great alright. You come to your halibut spot and start pulling good run on restaurant fish they pay more per pound then the bigger fish. Next tub you start hitting big fish things are looking good lots of 150’ s line loads up must be big fish coming you get it to the side of the boat and its chewed ruined couple more like this and you see the line is acting funny coming in, low and behold a seal attached to the next 200lber and he has got a lock on it like a pitbull. The solution is in the boat you draw the conclusion.

I don’t blame the seals but a living needs to be made and there is nothing else in the water dealing with them the population is explosive and the patience of fishermen is very thin.

Just saying

I fail to see the humour in this. Next time we have to defend our position as fisherman, outdoorsmen and conservationists, let's just tell jokes about illegally killing animals and leaving them to waste. Yeah, that'll swing the vote our way.

:good:

Ya...that oughta do it.