Help with Regs question and some clairification please.

pidge

Could someone please be kind enough to help me figure out a regs question reguarding the Credit River, I dont wana end up on the wrong side of the law. The regs say for Zone 16:

Water Body..."Credit River and tribs.-from the south side of Old Baseline Rd. bridge, Town of Caledon, Regional Municipality of Peel, upstream to Hwy 9"

Exception Details..."Fish Sanctuary-no fishing from Jan. 1-Fri. before 4th Sat. in April & Oct. 1-Dec.31

right below this it says..

Water Body...Credit River and Tribs. upstream of Old Baseline Rd., Town of Caledon, Regional Municipality of Peel.

Exception Details...Only artificial lures may be used. Only one single-pointed barbless hook may be used.

Brook Trout S-0 and C-0

Brown Trout S-0 and C-0

Rainbow Trout S-0 and C-0

I need help understanding what these mean please. I read it as one says no fishing north (upstream) of the south side of the bridge to Hwy 9, but looking at the other it seems fishing is okay North (upstream) of Old Baseline Rd., but your not allowed to keep any, which is okay by me. I like catch and release. Could anybody please shed some light on this and give me some help. Thanks Pidge.

That section of water is open from the 4th Sat in April to Sept 30th.. It is also single barbless, artificial only... None of that water is open now...

The only water open now on the Credit is from the 403 to the lake.

It's all in the regs...

Edited by BillM

Hey thanks alot guys, dont wana get into any trouble out there. Bill, I realize you say its all in the regs, but do you read that the way I do when you look at the regs? Its reads kinda confusing to me, but I'll take your advice and not fish there, but I'm just sayin. I'm not a river/stream fisherman, always likes, but looking to get into some action. Thanks again fellas.

Hey thanks alot guys, dont wana get into any trouble out there. Bill, I realize you say its all in the regs, but do you read that the way I do when you look at the regs? Its reads kinda confusing to me, but I'll take your advice and not fish there, but I'm just sayin. I'm not a river/stream fisherman, always likes, but looking to get into some action. Thanks again fellas.

If it's not in the exceptions or additional angling opportunities then the normal regulations for Zone 16 are in place (ie Open from 4th Sat in April till Sept 30th).. There's no exception for an extended season above Baseline Rd..

Ok gotcha Bill. Just re-read the Zone 16 again and I get what your saying now. Im looking at the "Zone 16 Seasons and Limits" now and understand. Thanks man for clearing that up for me you've been a great help to me. May the fishing Gods smile down on you lol.