Stub Hub/ Buffalo SabresTickets

duxbware

My 6 year old's favorite team is the Capitals ( O.V #8 don't know why, LOL). I am not rich and can't afford leaf tickets. The caps are coming to Buffalo on the 30th of March. I checked the site and tickets go on sale today at 10:00am but that game is already sold out :devil: ???????????

So that leaves me searching for two tickets?? Has anyone ever dealt with stub hub? is it a safe way to get tickets? I don't want to get to Buffalo to find out I bought two fake tickets.....

If anyone has any tickets for sale or knows where I can get my hands on a pair or feel free to PM me. I will be dad of the year!!!!!

Thanks.

Edited by duxbware

Kijiji = no fees.... but a risk of the seller stiffing you ( bought approx $3000 worth of tickets on kijiji and never have been screwed ) So I guess you can decide what amount of "risk" is TOO HIGH

Stub Hub = face value + handling fees ,etc.

I dont know what its like in Buffalo, but the stub hub office in Detroit is REEEEDONKULOUS !!!!! no parking, main street, VERY SMALL.... so its a HUGE inconvenience.

I hate buying tickets from ticket master or stub hub simply for the amount of $$ you pay in holding fees, selling fees, taxes, etc.

Kijiji is easy and your dealing with people 95% of the time.... I noticed in the bigger cities there are "professional scalpers" I tend to avoid them .

I've used Stub Hub for Sabres tickets before. I chose to get tickets that I could download and print right away. I was leery but it worked like a charm and the price was MUCH better than what you would pay at the ACC.

I've used stub hub many times for sporting events and concerts. A little more expensive but Just click and print and its all done. No problems.

I haven't bought tickets in approx 3 yrs..... I don't recall them having a print option at the time. BUT regardless.... if that is an option, that does make things handy.

Edited by Lunker777

A few years ago my we bought my son a great pair of row 2 seats to see the Caps play in Buffalo. I got them through Stub Hub, no problems at all. He had them hung on his bedroom wall for months anxiously awaiting the game. Finally, game day, we hit the border at 2pm for the 4 pm game, lots of time. The border officer asked us where we are going and when we told him we are going to the Sabres game he says "you better hurry, the game is at the end of the first period already...". We got the rink halfway through the 2nd period, Caps were up 2-1, OV had scored both caps goals and that's the way the game ended. My son was pretty disappointed. They had changed original game time to suit some TV deal.

Moral of the story, buy the tickets (Stub Hub, Kijiji, E-bay all work) but double check the gametime when it gets closer.

I've done Kijiji also, and had no issues. You can do yourself a favour when using Kijiji and ask the right questions. If you are a good judge of character you can usually smell out a fake.

If you find a seller who may be local (lots of Toronto residents own Buffalo seasons tickets), try to meet up with them to get the tickets, if they are unwilling, probably not worth your time. If not local, talk on the phone, ask lots of questions, and if they are season ticket holders, they'll be able to mail you the actual tickets, thus eliminating any risk they are fake.

Best is to try and meet in person though when dealing Kijiji. That said, I've bought Flames tickets on Kijiji and flew out there to see the game with no issues at all.

Good luck.