PB Fight Through the Ice

Jet

Thanks everyone for sitting through my long video :)

The prehit fish finder action isn't as exciting with Bull Trout compared to the Laker chase - you just see a line for a split second and smash!

I've never hooked something so big in such shallow water, so having it dart in circles all around the hole while pulling a good 30-40 feet of line was a totally new experience for me.

great video ... gopro I assume ... what a place to be fishing !!!! :clapping:

Not a GoPro. I run a Panasonic TS2. I find the video quality is better and that's what I'm after. It's tough, however, trying to turn on the camera, hit record and set it for a proper viewing angle all while a fish is going bezerk! I've lost quite a few fish fumbling with the camera, but when I get clips like this it makes it all worthwhile. Vids do a lot more for me than pictures, especially when I watch them again after a year or two!

Edited by Jet

Maybe next time I’ll pack a 36” rod in the tube.LOL

Now I wanna see a 40lb Gerrard rainbow fit through that 8" hole :D

I have been thinking of Gerrards, not sure Kootenay Lake freezes over though, but I'll look into it!

BTW, I like the new avatar. I know that spot!

TJ knows his lines! Ya P-Line 8 lb.

I like to run braid, but unless it's warm or I'm in the hut all day I stick with mono.

Yeah and you should re-spool that reel before your next time out after this abuse :whistling::):lol:

Edited by TroutJunkie