Another Simcoe Report

Reelaction

After a debate with myself, I decided to go to Port Bolster instead of VB on Saturday. Was I ever glad we did.

Trailered the quad up to the lake but after a quick check of the conditions decided not to use it and walk to our destination instead. As others have reported, the ice was very jagged and somewhat inconsistent in the different areas we hit.

By 11:30 we had moved four times with only 2 keepers to show for our efforts. Marking very few on the vex it was time to make a decission. Do we move one more time or put our tail between our legs and pack it in.

Since it was too early to go home I decided we should make one more big move and see if we could find some fish.

I set up the clam so my son could fish in comfort (this ussually means taking a nap if the fish are not coperating). Drilled about 10 more holes in the area and began systematilcally checking each one out. after about 15 minutes I hear a comotion from the hut and my son yelling "Dad there hear". When I get inside the hut he had iced a good one and looking down the hole in 24 feet of water I see a big group of perch with a couple of hearing. For the next 3 hours we had non stop action, sightfishing trying to get our baits infront of the larger perch.

He continued using minnows while I used artificials. The bigger ones were definitly more interested in the minnow, but I was able to fish them faster with lures so in the end we probly got about the same number of keepers.

By 3 oclock we had a 5 gallon pail of 10" and bigger perch.

Great day on the ice with my son as always.

Hey Fishfarmer. Was that you and another guy coming off the ice around 4 oclock. Two guys pulling single man flip overs? If so i was the guy pulling a two man clam up the hill. Should of said "Hi". Next time.

Chris

Hey Fishfarmer. Was that you and another guy coming off the ice around 4 oclock. Two guys pulling single man flip overs? If so i was the guy pulling a two man clam up the hill. Should of said "Hi". Next time.

Chris

Their was 3 of us, we help each other pull our huts up the hill. we had 2 flip overs and 1 sled. I backed my truck over to the hill to load. I was parked across the street at the soccer field, Dark blue Ford FX4 Crew with a cap. You may have talked to my buddy that got to the hill before us, we were lagging behind him. Was glad to get back to the truck, tied out. Slept good that night. We take FRS radios and I go scouting for the fish, call the guys when I find them. I guess we should have said Hi, next time. May see you guys there again.

Their was 3 of us, we help each other pull our huts up the hill. we had 2 flip overs and 1 sled. I backed my truck over to the hill to load. I was parked across the street at the soccer field, Dark blue Ford FX4 Crew with a cap. You may have talked to my buddy that got to the hill before us, we were lagging behind him. Was glad to get back to the truck, tied out. Slept good that night. We take FRS radios and I go scouting for the fish, call the guys when I find them. I guess we should have said Hi, next time. May see you guys there again.

Yep That was you guys. I drive a grey Jeep, had a trailer with the old Yamaha quad. Will definitly chat next time I see ya. :good: