Southern Ontario Ice Fishing

Broker

Hey guys. Havnt checked in for awhile. Anyways, got an icefishing setup for christmas, and now I'm eager to get out and try it. Yes I know the Ice isnt ready down here but I was just looking for some places within an hours drive of caledonia to drop a line in and catch whatever bites. Also what gear I should pick up before I head out. Thanks.

The grand was starting to freeze over above the dam in caledonia. With this wind, and some mild temps, Its going to be a bit for dunville. No matter about one says, Im extremely cautious in those waters.

Yeah me too.. Being a hardwater newbie I'm a bit intimidated to go

On the grand with those currents that'll change the thickness quickly. Thinking I should find a nice little lake to get expierence on first :)

Yeah me too.. Being a hardwater newbie I'm a bit intimidated to go

On the grand with those currents that'll change the thickness quickly. Thinking I should find a nice little lake to get expierence on first :)

littlelake is a good starting point

I've never had near as good a day in dunnville through the ice as i usually do on the smaller lakes. It takes years of experience and effort to catch fish through the ice regularly in dunnville. I have neither. Lol