Contact at Sail?

kemper

I'm glad you got it resolved and I think contacting HQ is a good idea.

Seems like a no-brainer... they weren't activated so you couldn't spend AND you had the receipt.

This is the kind of customer experience they want to avoid at any cost because IT DOESN'T COST THEM A DAMN THING!

I suspect your complaint will get some internal attention.

Took 3 days for the cards to be "approved".

I told two employees exactly this "There is a simple way to solve this problem - you hand me a new gift card, and YOU figure out why this one doesn't work"

No such luck...

I hope the same doesn`t happen to me . I received a Sail gift card for Christmas.

Same.... and there is no 1-888 number on the back to call to check the balance, you have to go into the store to check it (I guess we will find out if they work when we shop....)

This is the reason I include the receipt with any gift cards that I give, just in case....

Burt :)

Edited by Burtess

Same.... and there is no 1-888 number on the back to call to check the balance, you have to go into the store to check it (I guess we will find out if they work when we shop....)

This is the reason I include the receipt with any gift cards that I give, just in case....

Burt :)

I did that giving gift cards to a couple customers.They looked at me funny:blink:,I said just in case the cards weren't activated properly.Not to good if I still have the receipts is it.lol.

Took 3 days for the cards to be "approved".

I told two employees exactly this "There is a simple way to solve this problem - you hand me a new gift card, and YOU figure out why this one doesn't work"

No such luck...

Good to hear the problem has been fixed.

Problem has been solved, though much too slow for my liking.

Never meant this thread to bash on sail, as I mentioned I'm a loyal customer and this was the first issue - had to do with some gift cards that weren't being honoured because they weren't activated in their system (I had all receipts with matching #'s)

At any rate, I now have my gift cards activated but will be sending an email to head office because I wasn't impressed with getting the run-around from everyone I talked with.

I had the same problem with some BPS giftcards, they were not activated but i the receipts to prove it and ended up with it being the last time I will shop at BPS.