Wingham Maitland River Elementary School LHFC Presentation

spinnerbaitking

I've added another Blog to My page & there are some pictures that the Teacher took from the school Presentation put on last week, the students were very interested, telling a few stories & asked a few good questions, the high lite of the Talk was the 36.92lb Salmon that I borrowed from the Kincardine Hatchery. I took 3 pails of non chlorinated well water to be added to the Aquarium as needed, likely starting to feed the Alevin over the next week just in time for Christmas Break lol.

Tight Lines SBKGonefishing.gif

My New Blog & Pictures

Maitland River Elementary?

Did they open a new school in Swingin Wingham? Or just change the name? I don't remember any school being named after the river.

They are building a New School to be opened next fall but the students have been moved around fron some of the Schools already Grade 7/8 is at FE Madill already& the Principal at this school is going to be the Pricipal of the new School, I think see came from Blyth.

nice work !!! im sure the kids love it for sure !!! thanks to the volenteers,who make it all happen !!! :thumbsup_anim::clapping::good: how big do the kids raise the salmon too?? till they are able to be released in the river??

They will grow to 2.5" to about 4", we keep the water about 57 degrees compared to the bigger hatcheries being about 45 so they can grow a bit more

Tight Lines SBKGonefishing.gif