a pleasant suprise of good news

largemouthtrout

Way back in april , when we had some warm days , I decided to go fishing in the creek for chubs , just for something to do .

Buddy that i was living with at the time was bored too , so he grabbed a rod and tagged along .

He was using his tackle ... with no luck , and i was pullin chubbies out one after another using my homemade lures .

I ended up giving him one , and he managed to catch 2 fish .

In May , he left to go live in Quebec for the summer , and I just ran into him at the begining of December .

It was just about noon when i ran into him and we were both hungry , so we went to grab a bite to eat . He started laughing , and said he said he couldn,t wait to see me to tell me this story , and said that we gotta go into business .

He was out in a boat on some lake with a bunch of guys , and they were fishing for walleye for 2 days , and nobody had caught a single fish ( they just were,'t bitting he guessed ). Amongst them , they tried every lure they had , and nothing .

Then he spotted the tiny little cartoon lookin' lure that i gave him , and said " what the heck .. tried everything else ".

Because it is a slow sinking lure , he put a splitshot on about 4 feet up ... to get it down beep enough . He nailed Walleyes one after another for 3 hours strait .. then that was it .. they iether stopped bitting .. or he caught em all .

He said he had people offering him money and cases of beer for the lure .. but he said no . " Its the only thing thats working , and I only got this one " he told them . He told me he was the talk of the town for the whole weekend , and people were still trying to buy the lure off him .

Anyways .. was real cool to hear that one of my crappy little lures was catching some nice walleyes .... made my day .

Very cool, maybe you should market them?

I've been having alot of success with my musky lures aswell, and that is what we have been catching our musky on for the last few years :thumbsup_anim: It sure is a satisfying feeling :good:

Edited by Joey