Planning fall/winter camping. Need some help.

Acountdeleted

So, my cousin and I are really excited to go fall/winter (depending on who you ask and where we go) camping tomorrow. I was looking into a few places, my co-worker told me that Silent Lake was year round but it only has Lake Trout and small bass. Looking online I did a quick serch for winter camping and fishing and the best possible option looks like Ferris on the Trent river.

The only thing is, I look at the info and it says that all provincial parks close October 8th. Has any one done winter or fall camping in a Provincial park before (Alogonquin, McGreggor? Hopefully Ferris). Do you just show up and throw up your tent and you're on your own or are we out of luck? The main reason why I'm asking is I don't want to show up after a 3 hour drive and have to turn around and come back.

Any help would be a appreciated.

I'm hoping to get out next week too, sorry but I don't have any specific places except for ones privately disclosed through the board, so I can't give those to you. look around, bass are generally easy to find, it may not be amazing but they're easy to find, can't help you with trout but a safe bet is look at fish-ON and stocking records and look around algonquin/lake of bays/ haliburton. Other than that I can't really help, sorry.

I wanted to try Arrowhead but the websites for Parks Ontario are pretty confusing and I couldn't garentee that it was open. So my cousin and I went to the pinery. First day I hooked into a really nice Pike (probably around 5 pounds) and then the fishing died off. Second day the only hit either of us had was I pulled in a jumbo perch off of drop shotting a berkley power minnow. It was still a fun weekend complete with rip roring fires, the first snow of the year and Pumpkin Ale. But now its reeeallly getting me in the mood for ice fishing.