Shawanaga Lake

Jen

I have rented a cottage with some friends and the kids. It comes equiped with everything we need to have a great week. It will be from July 15- July 22. If anyone knows anything about this area, fishing or otherwise it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jen

The lake is between McKeller and Whitestone on 124 outside of Perry Sound!

Edited by Jen

Here's some info...

Shawanaga Lake

Your On-Line Agent

RE/MAX

Parry Sound Muskoka Realty Ltd., Brokerage

Property Archive

Information on Shawanaga Lake

Year the lake was surveyed

Lake Size in hectares

(1 hectare=2.47 acres)

Average Depth

Maximum Depth (m)

Lake Perimeter

(shoreline length in kilometers)

Percent of lake shoreline fronted by Crown Land

(Note: this is a rough approximation determined at the time the survey was completed)

80%

Number of resorts on the lake at the time the survey was completed

Number of cottages on the lake at the time the survey was completed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yellow perch

rock bass

white sucker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Depth is in metres, so it doesn't look bad there. No gamefish listed...that seems unusual. If I were you I'd give the MNR in Parry Sound a call and ask to speak to someone, preferably a biologist about the lake.

cheers

(OhioFisherman just posted this info before me, didn't mean to post it twice. BTW, can someone please explain to me how to post just the link to a page? :P )

Edited by solopaddler

Solo, I don`t know if it is the best way but I bookmark the page, then come back to the OFC thread, copy the bookmark and paste it on the thread. It works for me and is something I can remember.

The river coming into the bay is pretty big, as big as some lakes down here, but you go up it a ways and there is a water fall, not big but it would require a portage. It is high enough so maybe only a salmon could jump it as I recall. Never tried to take a boat above it, there were a couple of decent size pools that we could see from shore, and we did catch a few smallish smallies out of the first pool from the bay. That was the extent of my fishing it, and I was young at the time maybe 16. I really have no clue what it is like farther up. Too many critters for me to be wandering around there.