Our Quinte Report

Fish Farmer

I think you said you were staying at the Picton Harbour Inn in your earlier post. Despite the fishing, how was the inn? Did you leave your boat at their docks?

Quinte can be really tough but it can also be a goldmine of fish when they choose to cooperate. Either way, it's a gorgeous place to spend some time in the fall.

i stayed there couple weekends ago. the room was very musty, i found it hard to sleep because the pillows were so musty and smelly.

parking was hard with a trailer, but we made it work.

there was a boat docked there, but he probably had to jump down 5 ft or so to get in. we didnt dock there.

we got there around midnight, and there were fish jumping out of the water like crazy. and i dont mean small fish, and i dont mean splashing. fully jumping out of the water, and this lasted all night.

no clue what type of fish it was. but we did take a few casts with no luck.

Thanks for the detailed info on the Inn guys. I have never stayed at the Harbour Inn but was kind of thinking of giving it a try. I was hoping that I could leave the boat in the water but trailering it around is always an option too, keeps things flexible. If you saw the guys I go with trying to help launch and load a boat you would understand why I'd rather leave it in.... it's far easier by myself.

I haven't winterized the boat yet and am still thinking a Qunite run might be in order but the forecasts have been crap the last few weekends so I guess I'll just keep watching and hoping....

As far as the musty pillows go, I think I can handle it, it will remind me of home.:w00t:

Edited by G.mech

i stayed there couple weekends ago. the room was very musty, i found it hard to sleep because the pillows were so musty and smelly.

parking was hard with a trailer, but we made it work.

there was a boat docked there, but he probably had to jump down 5 ft or so to get in. we didnt dock there.

we got there around midnight, and there were fish jumping out of the water like crazy. and i dont mean small fish, and i dont mean splashing. fully jumping out of the water, and this lasted all night.

no clue what type of fish it was. but we did take a few casts with no luck.

Boss, what you saw were Salmon. There is a lot of Salmon in the harbor and very black, soon you will see them laying dead in that small creek beside the motel dock.