Smelt off the pier, in the Hammer yet?

Bigworm

I`ve been going down to the pier for about the last week....

There has been a few caught but the run hasn`t really started yet...

I`ll be back down there tonight???

Get there early to get a good spot on the pier.....

Doug

I swung by the pier last Friday I believe. I spoke with a guy there and he stated got about a half bucket full the week before. He was hoping to get more that night, but there were 5' waves coming in. Actually seen a surfer there too, crazy guy.

If you do head down there, could you be so kind as to mention to the smelters not to be such disguisting pigs and stop leaving their BATTERIES from their lights ON THE BOTTOM of the lake? Its really gross, and a major environmental concern.

Thanks.

If you do head down there, could you be so kind as to mention to the smelters not to be such disguisting pigs and stop leaving their BATTERIES from their lights ON THE BOTTOM of the lake? Its really gross, and a major environmental concern.

Thanks.

That is really ignorant. I would normally respond by ' I can't believe that ' , but yet, I can believe. Pitiful.

Thanks.

And you happen to know for a fact it was smelters that dumped a battery ON THE BOTTOM ???

If you saw them doing it why didn`t you say or do something about it ????

I was down there for almost all of last week and I never saw a battery or anything else get tossed in the water??? If I did you can be dam sure the dude that dropped it would be swimming for it.....

I just don`t believe it???? I`ll be looking all along the pier tonight to see if there is a battery down there.... This kind of stuff really pisses me off..

Doug

thankfully not all smelters do it....if they did, the bottom would be lined with batteries...

the video i posted only contains a portion of another video the author took, that focused on teh batteries.....there are more than one or two on the bottom.....

i'm trying to see if i can get access to his original video, which showed 10+ batteries on bottom, but since he relayed it to the MNR, he hasn't had it up on his site.....