rapala andros reel

jeffw

My rapala baitcaster's sideplate never locked properly, and would click and unlock while fishing which completely turned off the brakes. Next cast, backlash. 7 outings, it lasted.

My gf's rapala spinning reel (xrap) seized up after being dropped at the riverbank in a centimetre of water.

I wouldn't recommend rapala reels. The rods have held up so far, but were terribly mismatched with the reels on their respective combos.

I was initiall a fan of rapala rods, I thought they were pretty good value and decent rods, which they are..but they are incredibly cheaply built

I purchased 4 of them, the northcoast series and the f2 ultra light rod....one rod snapped brand new, another snapped after 2 months of light use (lost a monster coho), another snapped casting a 3oz weight and it's rated for 2-8oz i think, tip guide rotates around the blank and EVERY single rod has had issues with the reel seat, two completely spin around the blank...when i tighten the reel seat it actually pushed the foregrip cork forward

I cut my losses and stopped trying to return them, they all had issues

I wouldn't expect much for their reels

they should stick to making lures