Quinte Walleye....Fall Tips

Stoty

I don't have the gear for trolling and honestly I don't feel like spending any more money on fishing gear at the moment than I already have so I'm wondering, how's the jigging bite in the fall? Keep in mind that I wouldn't mind getting some eaters, not necessarily looking for the huge ones (though that would be nice too).

Jigging is great in the fall, with TONS of eaters....

Thompson's point just out from Picton is the most popular "community spot" to get some great eaters.

Thing with quinte is it should be thought of as a true trophy water.... If your not going to catch a giant walleye... There's better places to go... But for giants... It's where it's at....

Between my brother and I we boated well over 1500 walleye last year on our home waters... Plenty of 5-6-7-8 even some 9 pounders....

Only 1 fish each over 10... And mine was during ice season....

I took my boat to quinte last fall and we boated a fish over 10 pounds in the first half hour of fishing.... Mind you... We only went 2/3 all day... But we got what we went for.... A big bite...

For the rest of the open water season I can catch numbers as well as size here.... And we get plenty of fish over 5 pounds daily in the fall...with plenty tickling that 10lb mark but falling short.... So to scratch my trophy itch... I'm going to quinte... Where 10 pounds isn't even that big....

Can't wait!!!!