Trent river Bass/wallleye???

Cloudy15

I have a cottage of the trent and i always do well early season as does everyone i'm sure. My cottage is close to the trent river lock. But i will run all the down by haley falls. I really struggle late season, partly because i'm stubborn and just find my self always flipping the lilly pads. I always get a few, but know i could be doing much better. Caught a 7lb walleye last year really want to catch some more of those guys. I have found i catch tons of walleye on the termantor slow rolling version, actually get everything on it. Its my go to night walleye lure does well for muskie to. But ya any tips for mid/summer into late october tips for small/large mouth baass and walleye for the trent would be great.... Sorry if im asking to broad of a question. THanks!

When I lived right in Peterborough Sept/Oct was the only time I caught Walleye. From shore I casted out as far as possible with a jig and 3" Black shad Gulp minnow and caught many. Also worked with bass but as you said not so much in the fall. give it a try it might work where you are. I did mostly try for Muskie this time of year though as this is when they started to go nuts there.

Every June and September I go up to the Trent with a bunch of guys and we hold our own little tournament just for fun/bragging rights. Every September I've been there, the walleye fishing has always been much slower and bass is slow too. The only walleye caught this past weekend came from slow trolling some kind of spinner in and around the deeper weed edges.

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys, just moved to Peterborough from the soo and looking for some good shore fishing spots, doesn't really matter what for , bass, muskie, or some eyes. This would be greatly appreciated because i dont really know any fishing guys around here. I have a vehicle so can be outside of town as well.

Thanks

Try going dead slow with a single blade inline spinner with a worm for Walleye. 6 to 11 ft of water.

For bass use large tubes on the weededge. And large frog baits in shallow in the afternoon. With the temps dropping fish deep in the morning and high in the afternoon for bass.

Also try the bridge in Hastings at night or the tails of any locks. Worms or minnows on a plain hook with a slip sinker.

Good luck

We bought a trailer on the Trent, in Hastings... Trentonia... I was there last weekend (off the docks) and got skunked! It's been years since I've fished open water, so I'm a bit rusty!

Heading up tomorrow with my son, any suggestions or hints for fishing the Trent off the docks?

I don't mind getting skunked, but for a 9 year old... It makes for a crappy day!

Try a big minnow on a bobber hooked through the tail on one line and a worm on a floating jig on the bottom on the other. Or go and try of the bridge with hair jigs. Cast as far as you can and work it back. Put on a fair bit of weight. Watch the locals.

Good luck.

grew up on the section of trent from hastings down, look for deeper area and drop offs there are some 40 ft holes in there that almost always produce in the fall. also there are usually starting to let water go at the the dam fish will swim upstream to it