A good read

GbayGiant

"five-year $17-million study"

Is the water low or not?

I wish they would raise the water up. If it gets high enough i could have water front property.

They study that water and at the end of the five years they will come back and tell you yes it is wet.

MNR did Musky spawning surveys in the southern part of the Bay, and found many wetland spots holding spawning Musky. There is only spawning site left due to receding water levels, and it has been approved to turn it into a marina! This spring a study was done, and they couldnt find a single juvenile Musky in the southern part of the bay. Low water levels effect a lot more than most realize....

MNR did Musky spawning surveys in the southern part of the Bay, and found many wetland spots holding spawning Musky. There is only spawning site left due to receding water levels, and it has been approved to turn it into a marina! This spring a study was done, and they couldnt find a single juvenile Musky in the southern part of the bay. Low water levels effect a lot more than most realize....

That just seems Ludicrous. Only one spawning site in all of southern Georgian bay???? I feel the OMNR have fallen apart when it comes to doing real studies. They just do not have the money to do things the right way anymore.

I think Glen has the right idea here.

Either way it would be drastic to allow Georgian Bay levels to fall below what they are at now.

:)

Sorry, my post was suppossed to say the original survey was 20 years ago. There is only one of the original sites still there, but not for long. The shallow bays where they spawned in the past are gone due to development, and receding water levels. Hopefully the fish are spawning succesfully somewhere else, but for know, it isnt known where that might be.