Bronte Sep. 6 - PM report

icefisherman

Got tired of all this weekend wind last few weeks so took the kids and a friend's of mine dad who is visiting him from overseas and launched at Bronte at 6pm (ouchh again for the $17 parking fee, last time I am paying it this year)....lots of boats in shallow...60-90 fow...some marks but no bites so we kept heading deeper...nothing happening until we reached the 200' fow...then the show started...double and triple header...lots of lively clean silver fish biting crazy...kings, coho and bows....had a busy hour before getting dark...lots of boats were still trolling for the old boots in tight...I guess they stay there all night...not a big fan of those half dead fish...much prefer to let them go do their thing and make babies...

Flies and spoons all fired....55-65 feet down....2.5-2.7 mph at the ball....down temp was about 60 degrees

8/12 for the 1.5 hrs of fishing wasn't bad

No pictures this time as it was busy when the bite was hot and then it got too dark for the blackberry....

Nice even though short evening trip...Will do some more later in the month, plenty of fish still around...

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Nice job the IF, It's probably fixed now but the parking meter at 16 mile has been out of order all last weekend. I finally got my boat in the water last Sunday (yes it has not seen any action this year). Big waves and they kept getting bigger out to deeper water. Ran some gas through the boat and headed back in but when I puttered out to 200 FOW the screen lit up with bait and marks. It was too rough for me to drop a line but maybe this weekend