Has anyone used Flexrock paint from HH before?

GBW

Hey all.

So I need to either cap, cover with siding or try out this flexrock stuff to cover a woodend area on the outside of the house of my son's room. It faces West and after 3 years in the home it's starting to look rough so I though maybe this flexrock stuff would work and give me 5 or 6 more years before I need to do something else. Has anyone ever tried it? Have you tried it on wood?

The area is 3 windows wide and about 4' deep x 8' tall so it could cost as much as getting it capped as I haven't priced either out yet.

Thanks all and any siding guys want to chime in is fine too.

It's the room above the front door of the house on this old pic.

100_1356.jpg

3 years old and it looks rough? If it's painted wood then it probably wasn't prepared for paint properly because it should last longer than that. Flex rock would need a good base to adhere to I would think and this does not sound like a great option. You could either scrape it and re-prime and paint or just cap it although I'm not sure the wider areas would even look good without waves in the aluminum. Maybe a siding/aluminum guy would know more....

3 years old and it looks rough? If it's painted wood then it probably wasn't prepared for paint properly because it should last longer than that.

It was just painted with primer 2x from the looks of it. Under the windows is where it's starting to look weathered so that's easy to sand and re-do. I thought that the flexrock stuff might make it look rather nice but not sure how long it will last

It was just painted with primer 2x from the looks of it. Under the windows is where it's starting to look weathered so that's easy to sand and re-do. I thought that the flexrock stuff might make it look rather nice but not sure how long it will last

Properly prepped, the flexrock might just work....

Aluminum cap that and it will look like.... :(

Like said, prep it properly, don't paint it while the sun is beating down on it and it should last 5 years, 4 years, 5 years, 6 years? Well, who knows? Only time will tell.

That is a focal point on your house and it has some nice details to it, you want it to look nice and capping just won't cut it, that is unless you can find a guy that is willing to spend the time to bend all those little steps (creases) in it and do it in one piece with a cap on top and flared to deflect the rain. And you are willing to pay the bucks to have it done that way. A quick simple job and it will look like I said in my first line.

Done all the walls in our kitchen with flex rock in 2003 still looks awsome , then i bult a set of new wooden front steps with 2x12 pine and cover them all with it , still looks the same today , what i used we troweld on , kind of tricky , now they say you can roll it on , have'nt try that way yet tho ..........

I thank you all.

I am getting very lucky with this I found out yesterday. A person on the court I know happens to own a windows and doors company and they also do sidding! He's going to have his guys come out in the late fall and do it properly (like pikehunter said with all the proper bends) for me for his cost! By that I mean materials and what he has to pay the crew. So we are going to get a few homes in the area done to cut his costs and ours down; talk about WIN-WIN! All because he heard me on my cell to a guy I work with about sidding while we were having a smoke... COOL! Thanks again all!

I still might try that stuff on the porch to add a tint to match the brick.