Pigeon Lake

Familyfisherman

Heading to Pigeon Lake for the weekend and have a couple questions:

1. What are the bass up to currently? Smallies on the blade bite yet? Love to hear from anyone who's fished them recently (largies too).

2. Does anyone have any success with catfish on Pigeon? We'd love to catch one.

All our fish go back to swim again, just hoping for a good weekend.

Thanks for any help!

I have found all fishing to be tough lately. The bass are fat as heck, so they are feeding at some point during the day/night. Just keep checking your usual spots and hope to be there when the bite turns on. Catfish are still in there, I see some swimming around in the spring. Live worms on the muddy bottom near a weedline is where I would target those cats.

I have found all fishing to be tough lately. The bass are fat as heck, so they are feeding at some point during the day/night. Just keep checking your usual spots and hope to be there when the bite turns on. Catfish are still in there, I see some swimming around in the spring. Live worms on the muddy bottom near a weedline is where I would target those cats.

Thanks Jimmer -- we'll give that a try.

I quite enjoy Pigeon...very nice lake to fish multispecies.

been gettin a few nice largies out in front of our trailer park in the rice. we're south of grenadier island on the east side. just please respect our swimming area.

Floods Landing?

I fish out front there all the time, but not really near the park.

Yeah - still getting the odd fish in the Rice, but few and far between. Cast weightless into the "alleys" in the rice. Best if the wind is blowing a little, the rice all lines up on the top of the water. No wind, and it just criss-crosses and is really hard to pick the pockets.

You'll see the rice - it is everywhere.

As far as catfish goes - never ever seen or heard of one being caught.

Floods Landing?

You'll see the rice - it is everywhere.

As far as catfish goes - never ever seen or heard of one being caught.

The rice is seriously out of hand down there...

Definitely catfish in the lake, used to catch tons of them as a kid from my Uncle's dock at Birch Point, just down the lake from Floods, and I've caught more than few from my own dock on Buckhorn.

This was probably the biggest:

2008_0927Image0066.jpg

Never seen a Catfish come out of Pigeon in all my 38 yrs...

LOL You usually don't see them when you're trolling for muskies!

I see them in the shallows all the time, but haven't really targeted them in years. Just remember catching them on the muddy areas with a hook and worm near the end of the day.

Maybe the muskie have eaten them all!