finally..... found some fish.

ricardo

So after a while of looking and searching I found a fishing hole that isn't too popular. I've been there a few time with my son (3 years old) and few on my own and have yet to get skunked.

I use to never catching anything over 8-10" long. But today the rain brought me luck. I set up mine and my son's lines and the bobber bounces and gone. I start reeling it in and wow what a fight! I reel the sucker in and its a 3 pound bass. Cast out again and caught few little rainbows. I start to lose the hype from the big bass and was waiting on my next little trout and my line starts running again. Another big bass. I ended the day with 4 largies, a rock bass and 6 or so little trout. All in all a great day fishing and the boy was happy as could be.

Good to hear . I think the rain did a bit of good here too . I have been having a pretty dry summer as far as fish go .

3 days of steady light rain did a lot of good . On the flip side though , the fish aren't were i usually catch them this year . Places where i usually catch bass around 2 pounds , i,m catching nothing but chubbies . Today i caught about 20 chubs and about 15 smallmouth ... BUT ... the bass were not 2 lbs ... they were 2 inches . I had to stop myself from fishing any more . I didn,t want to hurt that many small fish . Pretty bad when the biggest fish i caught was a chub .. ha ha .. ( well , its still better than sitting at home )