WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO INTRODUCTIONS ???

misfish

Ah what the heck.

I posted an intro several months back but it doesn't hurt to do another.

I'm Steve. 23. Favourite species to target in the summer are muskie, walleye and bass; and in the winter it's all about the lakers for me. Most fishing is done in the Haliburton/Kawarthas area. I've been on this site for 7-8 months now I think, and the amount of help/knowledge I've gained is invaluable.

Much of my spare time is devoted to either fishing or (somewhat) fishing related. Whether it's making my own spinnerbaits or fixing up old tinnys, I can't get enough of it. Currently, I am doing a complete overhaul on a 1959 3hp Gale Buccaneer and have an old 1948 Johnson Seahorse 2.5hp in the backshed waiting to be cleaned up and running again.

Fishing this summer for me has been a little slow as I haven't been able to get out much, but I have a 6 day long weekend coming up thanks to some owed vacation time that'll hopefully turn things around.

Great thread - nice to see some intro's from the newbies and vets of this forum.

Steve.

Hey Guys,

I guess this is the place where i can formally introduce myself. My name is Scott and I have been fishing pretty much from the time I was old enough to hold a fishing rod. I was born in Flin Flon Manitoba, hence my families passion for pickerel fishing.

As time went on my families interest in fishing definitely declined until our family purchased a cottage in the pointe au baril region in 2008. Since that point my interest in fishing has steadily increased year after year until reaching a real peak.

I can definitely say that this year has been the first year where I feel like I am beginning to obsess over fishing and I think being a member of this forum has something to do with it. I have spent a lot of years blindly attempting to figure things out on my own as my immediate family has less interest in fishing other species therefore they rely on me for any knowledge that I am able to gain through research and trial and error. I am definitely the most committed fisherman in my family.

I do most of my fishing solo, therefore being part of this community and specifically speaking to a few knowledgeable individuals directly has helped me gain more knowledge in a 3 month time span than I have learnt in my entire life.

Personally I mainly target pickerels in the spring and fall, laketrout, pike, largemouths and starting this year have taken a big interest in smallmouth bass fishing. I specifically really look forward to the day that I know enough to be able to share my personal experiences and lessons with my nephews (kids someday) and people in this community in the same way that people have taught me over the years. Tight Lines.

Hi, my name is Geoff, and I am fishaholic!

I was a member here for many years, and somehow life got busy and I stopped checking in. In fact it's been so long, I don't even know what my username was the first time around! Anyways, I am lucky enough to be divorced and now have plenty of fishing time so I'm back! :whistling:

I'm sure some of you will remember this blast from the past. Let me know if you do, I've got some great pics from that trip.

2002 Crayola Crew Invitational

GroupShot.jpg