Good to be back from Vacation (NF)

ketchenany

Left July 4th for a wedding and stayed for 3 weeks in Italy,my first visit in almost 40 years! Seen a lot of it from Rome and south. Temperatures were nothing under 40 celsius and humid. And no rain to speak of.

Missed the cool Canadian air, I thought of Irish in Temagami, who hopefully is enjoying himself with his family after a difficult time. A lot of great scenery in most places but the economy is not good at all. I did cross a river FULL of fish (stocked and protected) amazing, since I didn't see much wildlife, especially birds I was looking for to photograph!

I did see shore fishing in Maratea and Diamante two very beautiful costal towns, but wasn't there long enough to see if they had any luck. Why would you fish with what surrounds you, purely spectacular. The seafood dinner by the seashore was enough for me.

I did stop in a mountain town and an outdoor shop near a national park owned by my wife's cousin and was forced to take a shamano Alivio 1000FB! Offered a rod but declined due to carrying it back, I have what I need and don't use.

The reel will go to my grandson next year when he will start fishing with me (I've been lacking for many years and want to get at it again with him). I know trout rivers but will want to find perch to start him off.

I'm so happy to be back In Canada, you would not believe, the best country in the world. I was in constant contact with my children with my iPad, I did try to log into OFC but was refused, TJ you are not world wide yet ( no problem with wifi in big cities) but when work sends a message that they wanted me back early to complete a project it felt so good. It took me a week to catch up and I love it.

have a great summer You all ( I did run into and amazing American who has been sailing the oceans for 20 years ( never been in Canada) and now settled down in Mendicino, Aplumma he needs help, he smokes Cuban Santa Maria #5 and has a doormat, well I'll leave it up to you're imagination He will be my friend for as long as I live.

he was a blast to talk to as he doesn't get to practice his Yankee talk! Irish, I know you are not back but hope you are having great rest.

A