hidden treasure??

tightline

So I'm working demolishing a house, and in the rafters of the basement I find an aluminum tube. Right away I'm thinking please be bamboo please be bamboo {not sure how but I knew it was a rod} but nope not bamboo..It's a Mitchell 5080 rod I'm guessing fly or float because of where the seat is on the handle. I've been searching the web to find it but can find no information on it..anybody know anything about it did I find an old gem or just another rod?

So I'm working demolishing a house, and in the rafters of the basement I find an aluminum tube. Right away I'm thinking please be bamboo please be bamboo {not sure how but I knew it was a rod} but nope not bamboo..It's a Mitchell 5080 rod I'm guessing fly or float because of where the seat is on the handle. I've been searching the web to find it but can find no information on it..anybody know anything about it did I find an old gem or just another rod?

Just put it in Google and this appeared

http://www.artfact.com/auction-lot/a-mitchell-graphite-fishing-rod,-model-5080,-8-ft-1-c-9563c831a9

It's a fly rod, judging by the numbers, probably a 5 weight so would be good for trout panfish or light bass. Unlikely to be a hidden gem (especialy being graphite), most Mitchell stuff is mass produced but it should be very useable if you wanted to put a reel and line on it.