stream walleyes

Dabluz

Went to a large river about 45 minutes north of where I live. The water was quite high. I guess the hydro company is figuring on a dry summer. Anyway, went up this long bay and right to the mouth of a stream that was rushing down into the end of the long bay.

I nosed my aluminum boat right up into the stream where there was about 2 to 3 feet of water. Wham....the walleye were hitting like they were brook trout. I had to put some back because in my area, I can keep only the ones that are 32 to 47 cm long. This same thing happened a few years ago but did not happen last year.

It was late afternoon but the sun was high. The trees are full and tall on each side of the stream so there was lots of shade. If there was a way to fish from the bank, I would try that because I'm sure that my boat did spook some walleyes.

So if you see any streams dumping into your walleye lake, it is worth a few minutes to explore well up into the stream.

I guess the current is reducing the water temp, and bringing them food.I found a similar spot here n the Larry.I jig and drift, and where the bottom drops to 17 feet,Bam....nice little slot sized walleye, and smallies, and sheeps head,and perchw00t.gif Water temp is 1-2 deg cooler in this current.

Thats the secret to my sucess..I have a hydro outlet right at the end of my dock. On the Trent river.I just anchor and jig the back of my boat..Its so easy its like taking candy from a baby..The water levels are low now and the hydro output is off ..I have to work 12 feet of water in the weed lines to get them them now..I find that once dialed in walleye are almost too easy to get..but they are good eats!

I find that once dialed in walleye are almost too easy to get..

Well your a lucky man.... I catch a LOT of walleyes and I have plenty of days were I have to work hard for my fish.... Some days it seems like you can't do anything wrong... Other days are pretty humbling....

Well your a lucky man.... I catch a LOT of walleyes and I have plenty of days were I have to work hard for my fish.... Some days it seems like you can't do anything wrong... Other days are pretty humbling....

Yes I do condiser myself very lucky..I have a wonderfull Daughter and wife that both love ot fish with me..I have the super sneaky Walleye spot..Does life get any better? Im not to sure what it is with the Walleye where I fish but I find them very easy. Take me to new waters and im sure they would be very humbling...lol