minkota repairs?

jedimaster

My trolling motor bit the biscuit today. Made for a crap day of bass fishing. Not sure what went, will be doing some tinkering tonight and tomorrow. But does anyone know anyone that fixes minkota stuff for a good price?

Edited by jedimaster

I don't know anything about them but evidently their a MK repair center

Boat Tech

1058 Copperstone Dr

Pickering

905-686-5008

Or there's Aikmens in the west and their pretty good.

Grant at boat tech is a great person to deal with.

just did my motor burn't brushes and aramature, i reapired it myself at a cost of 120 for aramature, brushes, brush plate abd seal kit.

what is yoor motor doing? is the direction light working on top of the head?

My AT36 bow mount does not work. I got it a few years ago and it did not work so the guy (here on the this site) reimbursed me. I took the motor apart and found that 2 magnets had come unglued. I reglued them with an extra strong metal glue. I also changed the brushes and springs. It still does not work. Anyway, I will take it apart again....maybe one of the brushes got stuck in the holder and does not contact the armature. The cost so far is around 15 dollars. If I do get it to run and the cost is low, I will send some money to the seller. I sure would love to get it running again.

just did my motor burn't brushes and aramature, i reapired it myself at a cost of 120 for aramature, brushes, brush plate abd seal kit.

The direction light doesn't come on. There is power getting through on momentary switch when I push it and power when I put it on constant. There is also power in the two thick wires. Not sure what the thin wires are for. I have today to tinker then tomorrow I'll have to drop it off for repair.

Don't know if this helps but here's a Minn Kota repair manual I came across a while back. I uploaded it to my Sendspace account since it's about 8mb in size.

Click on this link:

Minn Kota Repair Manual

When you open the page, scroll to the bottom and click on the blue box that says "Click here to download from Sendspace", the rest is advertising.

Cheers,

Peter

The others are a bit too far for me to get to, gonna drop it off at boat tech. 45 for inspection, aikmans was 25 for inspection. Didn't call rocky's. Just too far.. Mind you it would give me an excuse to go to ellwood epps. Haha

I just wanted to bump this thread as my issues got sorted out. I went to Boat Tech in Pickering. I talked to Grant, a super nice guy. We chatted for fishing for a bit and off I went. He called me back a few days later and told me that its all fixed up and the issues was just a wiring fault. The price charge was extremly reasonably, and I am a happy custommer. If anyone needs to get your trolling motor fixed and you happen across this thread I would happily recommend going to see Grant at Boat Tech in Pickering.