Bass Lake - Boat Rentals

JDMITR

I'm planning on going up to Bass Lake next week. Was curious if anyone knows of any boat rental places on the lake. We are planning on renting a pontoon. Also curious on how the fishing is up there. WIll be going with a young family.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited by JDMITR

We stayed at Bass Lake PP about 5 years ago. At the time the park store rented tin boats with 9.9s.

The docks at the park are shallow. There are some pan fish around but they are very small. Out from the park there is a drop off and we found some decent sunfish and perch there.

We didn't get much bass fishing in. We caught a couple decent smallmouth out past the dropoff.

Good luck!

Bass Lake in Orillia? There was a bunch of perch on the south side when I went a few years ago, but they were all diseased with black dots covering them. I fished little lake a couple weeks ago and the water levels were just terrible as Misfish said. The golf courses surrounding it have tapped in to it for their water supply I believe.

The golf courses surrounding it have tapped in to it for their water supply I believe.

Not you too?

No rain and lots of heat,is the biggest contributor.The golf course has always taken from the lake.Never seen it this bad.