net lake temagami report!!

shimano19

Great report and pics!! Welcome aboard!!

BTW, I think your whitefish is actually a fallfish and a nice one at that.

I was thinking Lake Herring myself. It seems the tail is more pointed in the photo and a fallfish tail is more rounded if I'm remembering correctly and the scales seem smaller then a fallfish. Difficult to tell from the head by the way it is being held. I'm no expert but would like to know what it is.

Great report and pics!! Welcome aboard!!

I was thinking Lake Herring myself. It seems the tail is more pointed in the photo and a fallfish tail is more rounded if I'm remembering correctly and the scales seem smaller then a fallfish. Difficult to tell from the head by the way it is being held. I'm no expert but would like to know what it is.

i am the one holding the whitefish, it was not a lake herring because it had a nose going downward just like the whitefish do, while the herring have a pointed nose

• 10 years later...

I know this post is from 2012. But we're heading up to Net Lake in a couple of weeks. We've been there several times but the last time was about 10 years ago. We've always had a wonderful time up there as the scenery is spectacular. I' hoping the fishing will be good and I'll send a report when I get back. We're staying at Andorra Lodge. Wish us luck!

Dave

• Like 1