Renting Cottage on Drag Lake

Jds63

Got a cottage rented last week of July on Drag Lake in Haliburton... i know it has Lakers so I am ready with my Dipsey diver rigs, other than that does anyone know how the bass fishing is ? Plan on practising with the fly rod as well off the dock in the calm evenings.

Bring some 3 way rigs as well. Great way to get baits down to those deep fish without having to run dipsys.

Thanks will do ... familiar with that setup, hope to also jig if water is calm enough early morning

Really clear water and the smallies are very light sensitive. Try to do most of your fishing at sunset or sunrise.

Dont be afraid to fish docs for smallies like you might do for largemouths.

Darren

Clear water eh ? awesome ... kids will love that for the swimming, thanks ... definitely will target the bass early morning and evening

Stayed there several years ago. Caught a few 3 - 5 lbrs, most trolling crank baits . Some of the bays had stacks of them, but very spooky during the day. The guy I rented from and used to run a lodge up there swore by minnows on a bobber for mid day fishing. Good luck

lots of smallies on drag... topwater evening bite was awesome the couple times i was there last year.

During the day its better to go swimming as I had a hard time getting anything to bite ..( i was there last aug)

Great to hear , plan to try some top water popper flies on the new 6 wt fly rod I just bought.

I saw a Bass fly fishing video on youtube and really got me inspired to get using my flyfishing equipment for species other than small specks

Should be nice to try off the dock if lake is calm in the evenings.