Bass fishin' in clear water

pat1985

hey all,

Headin to Lake Clear (Renfrew County) this weekend for the week and am hoping to do some bass fishing. I've fished the lake lots for walleye and bass and have caught lots of small ones but I am hoping to get into some bigger bass. any tips on how i might achieve this? thanks in advance.

Clear water = LIGHT lines and finesse baits!

Do yourself a favour and pick up some Xzone Slammers and some 6lb Flourocarbon line (if you dont have any), and use a dropshot rig to target smallies.

Senko-type baits and shakey heads are also great bets in clear water.

Also, be sure to make LONG casts whenever possible.

Best of luck out there!

Clear water = LIGHT lines and finesse baits!

Do yourself a favour and pick up some Xzone Slammers and some 6lb Flourocarbon line (if you dont have any), and use a dropshot rig to target smallies.

Senko-type baits and shakey heads are also great bets in clear water.

Also, be sure to make LONG casts whenever possible.

Best of luck out there!

X2

I would also have to say I have had success using natural colours in clear water. Silvers or blues to stand out and black, brown or pumpkinseed for subtle colours. I find in the clear water I fish for smallies, or anywhere really, they find it very hard to resist a lively leech this time of year. I have slayed the bass on slip bobbers and leeches or carolina rigged leeches. I have also had great success with berkleys gulp products on smallies, wacked rigged worms, jig and minnows, etc. In one spot I fished hard last year I caught several fish multiple times and they were caughing up gulp baits they had eaten prior... Call me a spammer but its true...

Testy bunch haha. I have probably 15 pks Of Slammers that I bought at Paddletails two summers ago and I have put them through their paces with limited success. They just dont seem that hot up here in my neck of the woods. Mostly river fishing but have tried them in the local lakes as well.

I would'nt target largies on Lake Clear. Smallies are king on that particular body of water. Dragging tubes and throwing long bomb topwaters is all that is required. Fish both presentations really slow, especially the topwaters.

Whatever you do, have fun and good luck!