Algonquin corridor lakes and wildlife viewing

siwash

Hi folks,

I'm heading up to Algonquin tomorrow for 3 nights with family friends.. Since some kids are coming along, we would like to try wetting a line along one of the corridor lakes. I would appreciate some recommendations for good spots for smallies or other species (smallmouth since they seem to be most common there). I have fished Two Rivers, which is where we will be camping, but are there other good spots that can be fished from shore? Even creeks or rivers? I'm bringing my canoe as well, so will get out there on my own but given that there are 3 kids, it'll be a challenge to fish from the canoe with kids.

Also, we will try our luck at wildlife viewing.. Any recommendable trails to try? Maybe bogs were we can spot moose.. I know the highway is good for moose viewing.

Thanks in advance..

I am not a hundred percent on the fishing. Every time I go it is with nona fisherman or something so I don't try to hard.

If you want wild life the trails don't always produce wild life, I suggest taking a drive before dark and you are likely to see a moose, I have seen so many moose along corridor 60, also a few Balck bears.