Quinte Weekend dock fishing

My buddy and I were supposed to head to New Jearsy this weekend to see some buddies that we met through the nerf modding that I explained about in a previous post. Sadly, my buddy had some last minute stuff come up at work and wasn't able to go, and as much as I like these guys, 20 hours on a bus by myself is a little much.

So, my buddy is one of those guys who hates it when people bail on plans, regardless of the reason so he really hated that he had to bail. Thursday night I get a call from him "Hide the wife, leave the dog in the kitchen. WE'RE GOIN FISHIN!" He told me that since he felt bad for bailing he was going to take me to his dads cottage in Quinte for the weekend all expenses paid....... suddenly I was super happy that we wern't going to Jearsy.

We wern't able to make it up friday night due to my buddies work so we ended up leaving saturday morning at 3am (I think my buddy may challenge me for the title of most crazy ontario fisherman) to get there at 6. We picked up 5 dozen worms (If anyone knows any lures the fish hit in Quinte please let us know, we tried EEEVERYTHING!)

5 minutes in I get my first good hit.

P6290153.jpg

It looked like it was going to be a good weekend. Remember this photo was taken at about 7am with no sleep had so the quality isn't the greatest.

Over the next 48 hours we must have fished for at least 10-15 of them, no crazy stories or anything like that, just lots of fish. Oddly the fishing wasn't as great as the last time but we still managed to land a lot of good fish.

P6300170.jpg

P7010172.jpg

P6300157.jpg

P6300166.jpg

P6300155.jpg

As well as a couple of really nice surprises.

I've never seen a white perch this big before.

P6300163.jpg

And my first Quite walleye. Remember, water on the water, beer on the pier (We were on the dock so I'm pretty sure this was ok)

Photo0049.jpg

I sent this photo to my uncle and he made me feel better by saying "You must have one big beer bottle there."

All in all a great weekend, I made perch for my buddy, his sister and their grandma, his sister actually found a perfect condiment complement to go with my chip fish recipe which was cool and all in all it was just a great overall weekend.