Need Pike fishing location advice tips

hotsky

I started fishing a couple of months ago and been hooked ever since! Surprised I waited that long, since I always enjoyed spending time by the water and outdoors in general.

I already have 3 rods, net and a bunch of lures :) but for the time I've spent fishing (which is a LOT for the short period) I haven't had too much luck, or so it feels - came home too many times with out catching anything. Probably because I don't use warms (or other life bait) but I don't find it too exciting to catch small fish or sitting and waiting for a bite, I've been using spoons and spinners most of the time...

I'm in Hamilton and really interested in going for pike and eventually muskie. I got one at Binbrook and would like to get more :D I've been once to Mountsberg, Guelph lake and Fanshawe but no luck at all!

Can anyone suggest a good spot not too far and lures/ techniques to use?

big inline spinners such as mepps #4 and #5. you can also tip them with a curlytail or minnow but I havent really noticed that much of a difference. If anything, more bass grab on to the lure.

I like to start with a white spinner,than #5 assortment of mepps spinners.They sure like white for some reason.:D