Modding a 12 footer up?

Black_Blade

I just came across a classified ad, where the guy has a 12 foot aluminum with a 15 HP on it, an electric motor at the bow, has 2 swivel seats and a casting platform at the bow....I have a 12 footer and have a hard time imagining being able to fit all that stuff into one! It looks like the stern bench seat was removed and only a small section left to sit while operating the motor.

Now that I've seen this, I'm wondering if anybody out there has attempted to mod their 12 footer in such a way...I'd love to do it with mine if its possible for a handyman to tackle something like this...it sure has the wheels a turning...lol. I just got my boat last summer and am glad to be finally out on the water, but of course would love to have a boat with the 'big boy' features..I guess just never imagined attempting to incorporate them into my little guy!

I saved a copy of the pic in the ad and attached it...YOO2990447.1.jpg

Edited by Black Blade

I would never stand up in my 12 foot tinny put a platform on that and it would tip for sure.But I would not be afraid to modify my friend Glenn's Princecraft Ungava with a deep hull.

I would never modify my little tinny.

123378.JPG

This 12 footer could be modified but I think I would move more toward a 14 footer.

123377.JPG

Good luck and buy something safe.MTP

as the boat tips with the centre of gravity higher it moves out to the side faster and if it passes over the centre of buoyancy you can guess whats going to happen.

This is also my thought. I would feel safer with a lower centre of gravity. You had better hope for nothing but calm water in a 12' modified in this manner, well in any 12'er for that matter, I have had 2, 12' boats and never again :w00t: . It does look attractive and functional and I admire the workmanship that went into your boat.