OOS Bass fishing video

DRIFTER_016

:good:

All I can add to this is Myself and all my Extended family have hunted and fished for over 50 years in Ontario and thu out Canada and the U.S. and NOT A ONE !!! has ever been charged by a CO . Been stopped checked out hundreds of times over the years , BUT NEVER been charged .. Its not that hard guys , read the regs error on the side of caution , no folding over the tails or streching them out to meet the slot limits , leave skin on fillets , no oss fish , if your fishing pike and all you are getting is bass MOVE, no going too close to damns ,etc. etc. ,Your only hurting yourself because if you truely love fishing YOU WILL DO EVERYTHING you can to not harm the resourse .

All I can add to this is Myself and all my Extended family have hunted and fished for over 50 years in Ontario and thu out Canada and the U.S. and NOT A ONE !!! has ever been charged by a CO . Been stopped checked out hundreds of times over the years , BUT NEVER been charged .. Its not that hard guys , read the regs error on the side of caution , no folding over the tails or streching them out to meet the slot limits , leave skin on fillets , no oss fish , if your fishing pike and all you are getting is bass MOVE, no going too close to damns ,etc. etc. ,Your only hurting yourself because if you truely love fishing YOU WILL DO EVERYTHING you can to not harm the resourse .

Well said Bruce.

:canadian:

I just hate to see phronemophobia, especially directed at fellow anglers.

Educate your fellow anglers and treat them with respect. I mentioned in the first post on this topic, that these guys obviously are not experienced anglers based on how they were trying to hold that steelhead in the vid. Not everyone has the privilege of being taught to fish as kids. Many are self-taught later in life and don't have decades of experience. Learning takes time.

Please refer to my first post in this thread if you need to be reminded that there are ambiguities surrounding the laws of OOS fish. Not everyone will immediately comprehend them - I guarantee you many on this forum think that it's illegal to take a photograph with an OOS fish - it isn't!

Currently there is no test administered by the MNR that an angler must pass prior to obtaining their license. If you can't bare the sight of someone catching OOS bass, you should write the MNR and petition for a test. And you should also avoid all of the Kawartha Lakes before opener - because everyday guys are catching oodles of OOS bass and feigning innocence when they are the ones that do know better.

Good points there bud. I have been fishing for two or three years now and if I hadn't come across this site, there would have been no way in hell to educate myself as much as I did in just the last few months. It was only a few weeks ago where I learned what OOS stood for. We do need to chill out a bit ... not everyone is bad at heart.

Miro