Two New Creeks

GreenCanada

Over the past few days I've had the chance to get out and walk some small creeks I've identified, but hadn't had the time to get out to.

I managed to catch a half dozen nice browns (10-13") from the each of these small creeks I visited. I would translate those browns to be about the same as a 20" fish from the Credit.

Average depth, 1ft.

Average width, 6ft.

I also managed to land a few nice resident rainbows from these creeks as well (12-14").

As usual, I was spin fishing my ultralight setup, with my favourite lure selection(s).

I really like the picture below showing two specimens from different small creeks. 1) Because they were delicious and 2) Because the markings are so different.

Tightlines.

Oh and I managed to find a new creek with some nice brookies. No pictures of those because they show too much background unfortunately. Next time I go back there, I'll take some more pics!

img1550qk.jpg

img1573wh.jpg

img1576zy.jpg

img1571w.jpg

img1572ox.jpg

img1582jy.jpg

Brown's taste really good. I find they taste very similar to rainbow trout, but not quite as good as brook trout. Brook trout are by far my favourite eating trout, but brown trout in the 8-14" range are really flavourful and firm.

To my knowledge, I expect most if not all of the fish I caught in these streams are naturals. I haven't read any stocking reports close to these particular areas that would indicate otherwise.

Hiking and fishing. Doesn't get much better.