Mid afternoon Walleye and trout

limeyangler

Hi all,

Went out for a late afternoon walleye session after some morning chores. My wife and son went for a nap instead and were going to meet me at the lake later on.

Got into a small trout first cast...and another couple small ones before i got my 'keeper' size ones....straight jigging minnows in 60+ FOW.

Also managed a couple of trout in 22'FOW with surface temps at 70+F while targetting walleye???? Anyway...went and got my wife and son at the dock...headed back out so i could try to catch another walleye...got trout instead.

Jack is really gaining confidence in the boat now and seems to really enjoy it out on the water.

My wife brought me a less than healthy but very well received take away supper....AWESOME GIRL!

Then we packed up the boat and headed to a nearby creek at Jack's request as he loves the waterfall there. We were surprised to still see the suckers running there...but neat to watch....for me anyway....Jack was more interested in throwing sticks in....lol.

LATE AFTERNOON TROUT AND WALLEYE

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f9pnkjgAYN0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LOTS OF SMALL ONES

t1.jpg

GOT SOME KEEPER ONES TOO

t2.jpg

GOT ONE NICE WALLEYE....ABOUT 27"

t3.jpg

PICKED THE WIFE AND JACK UP AT THE LANDING, SUPPER IN THE BOAT,A FEW MORE FISH AND A VISIT TO THE CREEK

t4.jpg

t7.jpg

t10.jpg

t9.jpg

t11.jpg

t12.jpg

Best way to spend an evening in my book anyway.

Tight lines all!

Edited by limeyangler