Found my new favorite Walleye/Pike lure

So two years ago I was going through a fishing catalog and saw a lure called an Ugly Bug. Its a simple lure but super effective. I was nailing walleye and pike on it. It has been my go to lure on all my fishing trips for the past two years. Just wondering if any of you guys have ever heard or used one of these. It is made by the Gapen company.

fishing_lure_The_Ugly_Bug_Jig.jpg

UGLYBUG-2T.jpg

you would think that you can take any old big body grub bait and jig head and make it yourself.

UGLYBUG-BODIES-2T.jpg?1322301931

To me, I would pop a hole or two or even three through the sides of a grub and feed some rubber strands through and it could work the same... :unsure:

might have to give it a try this weekend with some grass trimmer line or something a bit softer to test it out.

you would think that you can take any old big body grub bait and jig head and make it yourself.

UGLYBUG-BODIES-2T.jpg?1322301931

To me, I would pop a hole or two or even three through the sides of a grub and feed some rubber strands through and it could work the same... :unsure:

might have to give it a try this weekend with some grass trimmer line or something a bit softer to test it out.

I have done it with Uncle Josh pork grubs, stuck a wide eye needle with rubber legs in the eye to give it more action. The pork grub was one of my favorite trailers.