Sunday morning Lake O

It's been over a month since I got out with my bud Rick and his son G. During this time the two of them have caught some pretty nice fish (see Team 7 and 1 discussions) so with some "fancy footwork" on my work schedule we squeezed in a Sunday morning troll.

Tworods.jpg

Didn't take too long to get into our first two fish, a 26" laker (caught and released by me) and a 6 lb coho that G brought in and donated to me, Juli and family. Thanks for giving me first shot at the rods buddy!! That was a first for me. I always let Juli, or a friend, go before me.

Pics of my laker and G's coho

TwentysixinchJordanLaker.jpg

DSCN0954.jpg

Took awhile to get into fish #3, what we are pretty sure was about a 15 lb Chinook, spat the hook 50 feet from the boat. This was followed by another shorter wait after which Spincast caught and released a chrome post-spawn bow, skinny as can be, took off like a bullet on the release. We didn't bother with pics on that one.

The rest of the morning was spent trying to get my second fish, missed a couple quick strikes, then finally got one on the old Shimano Corsair and rigger stick that I got from my dad years back. Never landed a fish on it yet, not that it gets used much, and this fish felt like it had some guts!! Just as the words "I've always wanted to land (fish comes off) a fish on this combo :wallbash: :wallbash:

It was a tough go out there, but, we all landed one had a good time, and, didn't get the thunderstorms called for earlier. From radio talk in the area even the charter guys were struggling, so, we had nothing to be ashamed of. Ironically one spoon in black/orange iridescent took all the hits, but, two. Yes, Rick, I'll keep my eyes open for a few of those for you!!

Here's a couple more shots of the morning. Unfortunately we didn't have our photo-queen with us, but, for once Rick and I actually made a bit of an effort, lol.

DSCN0948.jpg

DSCN0945.jpg

DSCN0944.jpg

DSCN0946.jpg

May27withGFrank009.jpg

Thanks for having me out guys, after another crazy week at work, if sure felt good relaxing with a good friend and a remarkable young lad :thumbsup_anim: We'll definitely get Juli out on the Canada Day weekend (if not before) to celebrate the end of my Sunday work days!

Hey Frank - pleasure was all ours -I could tell that a little fishin therapy was needed, and we were more than happy to help out - you weren't the only one in need. Lots more days and lost more fishies to come this year.

Looks like Lady O is treatin y'all mighty fine. Good shootin fellas.

Will be a few weeks before the Mistress gets moved on down from pike heaven but already looking forward to it based on your reports.

It's going to be an interesting year.

ps Frank,

I'm starting to feel a little 'heat' now.