Trout streams

dsukh

Hi all,

Went fly fishing for resident trout for the first time yesterday on the Grand. Had an awesome time! Had around 6-8 browns. Nothing big, but it's a start. The biggest from yesterday was around 14"??

Anyways, Had some time to go out today.. Thought I'd practice what I learned on Saturday at the Grand but didn't want to go too far. I dropped by two east tribs but no action.

Are the east tribs too warm to hold any resident trouts? I followed one of the creeks all the way up today, and the creek just disappears. Any tips (either here or PM) on trout streams east of Scarborough close to home will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Asking for handouts won't get you too much respect in these parts. Besides, there's nothing more rewarding than doing your homework and finding your own little piece of heaven...and yes, there are hidden jewels in the area. Put your time in and you will find fish, but please respect the resource! I have never kept resident trout from the area, as I have seen their disappearance even in the short few years that I spent in the area.

Thanks all for the input!

I wasn't really expecting anybody to answer full out where I can catch them, my main question was whether or not the east tribs are too warm for resident trouts. Just thought itd be worth a shot to throw the last part in there. Haha

And I agree, respect the fisheries. I've only practiced catch and release for salmon/steelheads and plan to do the same for residents.

I think you all indirectly answered my main question already so thanks! (:

Theres lots of east tribs with trout, both that dump into lake O, and non-trib creeks as well, but most are delicate, and thankfully no one is giving out places to find them on an open forum, but grab a map, and a tank of gas, and you will find some for sure good luck when you do keep it a secret.

Theres lots of east tribs with trout, both that dump into lake O, and non-trib creeks as well, but most are delicate, and thankfully no one is giving out places to find them on an open forum, but grab a map, and a tank of gas, and you will find some for sure good luck when you do keep it a secret.

Thanks for the input. I did that today, went all the way up two creeks. The map shows the creek continues but when I got there it was dried up haha.

Better luck next time I guess!