Horseshoe lake in minden this weekend

cityfisher

Just got invited to spend the weekend at a friends place on Horseshoe lake in minden.. It appears it connects to Mountain also.

How are these lakes for fishing? Are they just smallies and Laker lakes? ( launch my boat or head over to Kash or another local lake with eyes/pike)

Any thoughts or opionions are appreciated.

I've heard that they are pretty decent laker lakes....Mountain moreso than Horseshoe. Should be easy pickins running spoons at 30 feet right now. Kids were swimming in Gull lake last weekend, just down the road...temps were up to 69 I believe. I'll be on Gull this weekend, draggin the cannonball on some nice 30-40 foot flats I found last year....lookin for the one fish in there that's above the slot w00t.gif

Horseshoe is full of pike and musky now! A customer of mine pulled a 24lb 48" musky out of 4 ft of water near the boat launch last year! You can try beach river bridge on 35 for eyes! we slayed a ton there last week! Little boshkung is good fro pike too near the launch!

Horseshoe is full of pike and musky now! A customer of mine pulled a 24lb 48" musky out of 4 ft of water near the boat launch last year! You can try beach river bridge on 35 for eyes! we slayed a ton there last week! Little boshkung is good fro pike too near the launch!

that makes it easier:) ill give it a go anyways... always throw the boat back on the trailer and move to one of the other lakes nearby

That's crazy I can't believe I'm hearing that! I remember fishing those lakes every summer growing up and no pike or musky anywhere in the three lake chain.

So Musky snuck in from Beech and pike from Kushog?

Are you referencing walleye at beech river bridge on 35? Didn't think there were walleye in beech lake?