Sturgeon Lake Crappies?

Sinker

Hey,

I've been fishing sturgeon lake for quite a few years. Over that time, I've caught the odd crappie, but nothing to get excited about. I usually hit rice or pigeon if I want to get into them good.

Anyone get into them on sturgeon? I've seen them in our marina in the fall, but wasn't fishing at the time. Just looking for basic info......basically.....is it worth it to target them in there? Any special "areas" on the lake that hold them better than others?

I know pigeon is loaded, cameron is getting good, and scugog has some huge slabs, but I haven't heard much about sturgeon for crappies..........?

Thanks,

Sinker

Being between Scugog and Pigeon it figures Sturgeon should be just as good for crappie...

Big Cliff and I figure any small shallow bays on the west or north shores should hold lots of crappies at this time of year as they get more sun...gotta test our theory soon...

I have never fished the lake for crappie; primarly fish for eyes, bass and lunge; but you may want to try the stump fields around Emily Creek or up the creek itself. I would imagine the water in this area would warm quickly and attract panfish. I know it holds some good largemouth.......... You may also want to try the bay on hte North west shore by Verulam Park. From what I can remember it gets shallow and very weedy.

Being between Scugog and Pigeon it figures Sturgeon should be just as good for crappie...

Big Cliff and I figure any small shallow bays on the west or north shores should hold lots of crappies at this time of year as they get more sun...gotta test our theory soon...

We'll have to hook up then for sure and try our luck together........my boat is docked 4 doors down from Big Cliff. If I find them I'll be sure to let you's know!

Its just funny that all the fishing I've done on that lake, and not one crappie. My dad has caught a few, but just incidenals while walleye fishing. I guess ya don't get many when your craking musky baits most of the summer....:)

I have a few spots in mind, and Im gonna work a little harder at it this year on sturg.......they gotta be around there somewhere!

Sinker

I have checked out a few spots but haven't found them in any numbers yet, I have a few more that I want to try as soon as the season opens here. I know there are some big ones in here as I've caught a few over the the last year or so.