Minnkota "Powerdrive" owners

Lunker777

I have a 14' Smokercraft with a 25hp on the back & I had a 50lb Minn Kota PD with 2 - 31n batteries 1 in the front & the other in the back for a lot of years then 1 of my Uncle's came across a Motor Guide 75lb 24v Wireless Drive & we traded, lots of power, weeds can be a problem sometimes lol, the biggest thing a few of us had was the Minn Kota PD board on the paddle getting fried & needing replaced but Rocky's will do that for a price lol $100.00 last time I think, Changed the battery in the wireless Paddle after 2 years, a couple buddies have the cable drive & 1 doesn't like how it bounces around in rough water, maybe he just hasn't used it enough

Tight Lines SBKGonefishing.gif

cable drives do bounce around in waves.

you can tighten it down, to reduce the bouncing, but then it becomes stiffer to move.

I think you made the right call with your choice to go to a 24v system.

55lbs thrust, 12v systems work great in open water.

Get them around heavy slop, and they become a waste of money.

I have the auto pilot and love it 70 or 80 lbs its great just set it down and adjust your speed great for the long weed beds on LSC great for trolling for eyes and helping the kids with there rods and not having to re adjust the boat it will keep you on track. I just wish I had the anchor mode that sounds awesome. I will always buy power drive I never got used to the cable but thats just me.