French River..

skdds

Hi guys,

I 'm considering, rather hoping..to fish the French River in June, residing at one of the lodges. Any suggestions? Is it better to head to the Upper French region or Lower French/Delta region? Looking for Eyes and Pike...

Thanks!

skdds

Fished Wolseley Bay, a beautiful area. Prop busting rocks at some spots during low water levels. Stayed at Totem Point Lodge (has a certain, charming je ne sais quoi) but they could use more power behind their boats (was 15 hp Yamahas a few years ago). Wolseley Lodge seems popular as well.

North Channel- stayed at Moonlight Bay Resort, very nice accommodations. Pike fishing was good, can't speak to walleye.

Haven't fished Upper or Lower French but buddies had some good eye fry ups during the 2/4 on the Lower. Heard it could be prop busting as well. They camped but would go with Bear's Den Lodge if they went with roofed accommodation.

Have fun if you do make the trip.

Fished Wolseley Bay, a beautiful area. Prop busting rocks at some spots during low water levels. Stayed at Totem Point Lodge (has a certain, charming je ne sais quoi) but they could use more power behind their boats (was 15 hp Yamahas a few years ago). Wolseley Lodge seems popular as well.

North Channel- stayed at Moonlight Bay Resort, very nice accommodations. Pike fishing was good, can't speak to walleye.

Haven't fished Upper or Lower French but buddies had some good eye fry ups during the 2/4 on the Lower. Heard it could be prop busting as well. They camped but would go with Bear's Den Lodge if they went with roofed accommodation.

Have fun if you do make the trip.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check out those lodges more closely, I've read that the French is not prop friendly..skdds

Do a search on this site. I've stayed at Wolseley Lodge, Rainbow Camp (also on North Channel), Lakair (West arm), and at Bears Den. Hitting Wolseley and Rainbow again this September. I have reports and shared info over the years on all of them. But, it has been quite a few years sine we were at Bears Den - but I would go back

Okay, I've been going to the French since I was a wee bugger. Pres qu isle camp, Meshaw Falls , loons landing, Bryers lodge, Martins Camp, West Nipissing lodge, and more I can't remember. Prop busters all over the place upper and lower. Bryers lodge had the best cabins of all I have stayed in while Meshaw Falls had the most enjoyable location I think being right on a series of falls that go out into the river, there is a weed line that follows the current out and where I caught my biggest pike. Also , haven't stayed there but Lockhaven lodge looked very nice but haven't purused their plans. We've been on Lake Nipissing the last couple of years as found the Fishing on the French to be off. Low water levels. Don't know about this year for water level as well. Just my two cents.:whistling:

Okay, I've been going to the French since I was a wee bugger. Pres qu isle camp, Meshaw Falls , loons landing, Bryers lodge, Martins Camp, West Nipissing lodge, and more I can't remember. Prop busters all over the place upper and lower. Bryers lodge had the best cabins of all I have stayed in while Meshaw Falls had the most enjoyable location I think being right on a series of falls that go out into the river, there is a weed line that follows the current out and where I caught my biggest pike. Also , haven't stayed there but Lockhaven lodge looked very nice but haven't purused their plans. We've been on Lake Nipissing the last couple of years as found the Fishing on the French to be off. Low water levels. Don't know about this year for water level as well. Just my two cents.:whistling:

Thanks guys for all the suggestions, I'm making a list of these places and will look them up and see what fits! wish I could get up there tomorrow! I'll review some of the archived posts as well, would also like to know how things are this year too..skdds

• 10 months later...