where should I go

Hey all, I have the day off tomorrow and was looking to go to either to guelph or belwood lake. I don't have a boat right now, but belwood would probably be a mess this weekend anyhow. I am looking to catch anything really, (pike, walleye, crappie, etc.)

Where would you go??

P.S. any other suggustions are welcome Gonefishing.gif

Edited by northernpike56

Within the last hour I mad my choice between orangeville and belwood, chose orangeville. Don't have much info on either but judging by reports and blogs I thought orangeville would be better. There are pike, crappie and perch, along with their crazy amount of bass. Only non motorized and electric powered boats allowed, rentals available for $90 full day and $60 for half day, hope to see you there! thumbsup_anim.gif

You should go to Belwood Lake but plan on fishing the river below the dam as far down as the second line bridge. There are no special regulations in that section to make life complicated. The Lake will be a zoo.

DAn O.

thanks, I went out today to kelso lake, but as I was driving down the entrance down the car ahead of me slowed them stopped... I was faced with about 1km of backed up cars waiting to get in. I turned around and retreated to my other spot in that general vicinity and just ended up catching a bunch of panfish and 1 OOS bass.

Way to many people out today so I'm gonna try renting a kayak at kelso tomorrow morning.

Orangeville was no better, a few pannies and that was it. If you live in that area why don't you try trout (resident, not steelhead), I tried them for about half an hour and caught a few yesterday, and I know that in that area you have a better selection of rivers than me.

believe me, I'm working overtime to find the brookies, lol.. I have an obsession with stream trout, but I have yet to find them in halton. The rest of my day (after I finished my yard work) involved looking at topo maps and such of the halton area. I have a few spots that I'm gonna give a go this week.

believe me, I'm working overtime to find the brookies, lol.. I have an obsession with stream trout, but I have yet to find them in halton. The rest of my day (after I finished my yard work) involved looking at topo maps and such of the halton area. I have a few spots that I'm gonna give a go this week.

Lots of brookies in Halton Region. I've caught lots near Burlington and the surrounding towns/villages/cities.

Keep at it and you'll find them. Just DO NOT TELL ANYONE. If you do they won't stay a secret for long.

<_<

thats what my plan is, drive around and pull off at my potential spots, which I think are little more than ditches. would 4 lb mono on my UL rod work fine or should I be using a flourocarbon leader as well? I've got the stealth thing down pretty well, but not sure how to catch such a tiny fish. small barbless hooks I guess.

thanks for the help guys - I'll be sure to put a report up (with no scenery pics) when I get into them.

Haha, I went to Bellwood on Saturday with two buds. We chucked Different lures all day for pike, and tried drifting spin rigs for pickerel. Almost 5 hours fishing and we caught jack. Bellwood sucks and I'll never go back. Guelph was our other option, and I've always caught something there. We did have four scrawny pike nip at our baits but no hook-ups.

Haha, I went to Bellwood on Saturday with two buds. We chucked Different lures all day for pike, and tried drifting spin rigs for pickerel. Almost 5 hours fishing and we caught jack. Bellwood sucks and I'll never go back. Guelph was our other option, and I've always caught something there. We did have four scrawny pike nip at our baits but no hook-ups.

I figure the belwood fishies dident bite on the weekend because of the 10,000,000 boats and jet skii's going by all day. Maybe guelph would have been better for you guys because of the no gas engines policy, but again I also caught zilch on a 'no engines' lake near my house that weekend.

Lesson learned, avoid all conservation areas on may 24 weekend... its the one weekend where everybody thinks they have to go outside and "recreate"... wallbash.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I agreed with you and didn't catch anything in belwood last Saturday. Because of jetski and motor boat.. Crazy ...

Do you have any hotspot in Guelph lake? I'll try to pike fishing on this Saturday.