Fishing orangeville reservoir

Tomorrow I will be heading up to the reservoir with a friend targeting pike (although panfish are always nice as are trout) he's not much of a fisherman and I would really like to get him into some fish. If anyone has any info on the reservoir or maybe the credit it would be greatly appreciated. thumbsup_anim.gif also I will be renting a tinny with a trolling motor.

Edited by Richmond Hill fisher

If you renting a tinny and motor i would suggest the Credit...you can cruise up and down the river and wander into the Marina ....in the river youll get droppies and in the marina you should pull well....anything...good luck and enjoy

Make sure you call ahead to reserve a boat for you. It will be busy

I do not think there will be many weeds yet but in later it will be brutal.

Head to the eastern end where there is a spot where it is the deepest @15-20 ft or so. Crankbaits, spinnerbaira and spoons work the best

Jose

Well, I'm home. Wasn't a very good day, worked pretty much the whole lake with spoons, spinnerbaits, jigs, crankbaits, and husky jerks. Got one little sunfish and perch, along with seeing a ton of largies. But it turned around when I headed down to the river, threw some spinners into likely looking pools and got some amazing action, had about 3 fish on in half an hour and because of the barbless regs all of them shook the hook, but I can't wait to get back. thumbsup_anim.gif

Close to my (old) stomping ground!

I actually fish almost exclusively barbless. After fishing out West a bunch, where the regs require it, I decided that I didn't really lose any more fish because of the barbless hooks. Plus, it made releasing them that much quicker and with less harm, unless they were for dinner!

I did have a pretty thorough article kicking around somewhere that actually studied whether barbless hooks would cause more lost fish than barbed. I can't find the article, but I do remember reading that the findings found no statistically significant difference. I found it really interesting