Fly reel for righty or lefty model -help

bassfighter

I just got an inexpensive fly reel with drag on line. I am new to fly fishing. I am not sure if they sent me the right or lefty model? I need a left hand retreive fly reel and cast with my right hand.

My reel drag goes counterclockwise. Is this reel shown on video for righty or lefty?

Here is the video http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd294/bassfighter_album/?action=view&current=flyreelretreive.mp4

How does one spool a fly reel? To the top straight beside the rod or from the bottom just like spooling a Centerpin reel?

Thanks

I just got an inexpensive fly reel with drag on line. I am new to fly fishing. I am not sure if they sent me the right or lefty model? I need a left hand retreive fly reel and cast with my right hand.

My reel drag goes counterclockwise. Is this reel shown on video for righty or lefty?

Here is the video http://s223.photobuc...eelretreive.mp4

How does one spool a fly reel? To the top straight beside the rod or from the bottom just like spooling a Centerpin reel?

Thanks

From the bottom,but fly fishing is a whole new animal, get ready for the huge learning curve and then some. Lol.

From the bottom, that way you can reel naturally and wind the line on. There should be a small "washer" like thing on the spindle that you pop off and then flip a bushing and you are ready to go. When you are a lefthand person buying a fly reel from a right handed person you have to do this... and then pull off all of the line and backing and then rewind it.

Read the instruction book that came with the reel. Some reels have a one way bearing that dictates left or right retrieve. It needs to be reversed to change which way it reels in. Some work left or right with no changes, just spool on line and backing and have at 'er.

Thanks guys. Though the reel never came with a manual, Mechanism was simple and straight forward, I was able to take it apart and reverse some kind of magnetic mechanism cluth inside. The reel retrieve counterclockwise quietly now to be spooled coming out from the bottom just similar to a centerpin reel setup. The drag now works clockwise. Great!

It is a very good reel for the price of $35, quiet and smooth. The drag can be set continuosly until almost tight drag.

I borrowed a fly reel from my buddy during winter months to practice casting and decided to get into fly fishing.